Welcome the online course site for Biomedical Equipment Technology Sequence: Application, Support and Management!
Biomedical Equipment Technology and Clinical Engineering jobs are amongst the fastest growing in the country driven by the use of increasingly complex medical devices and systems, and the extended life expectancy of the population. These two career fields combine to make up the field of Healthcare Technology Management.
See this video on the field of Healthcare Technology Management
Biomedical Equipment Technician
Why Online Courses?
Online courses offer a 24x7 learning environment available at your home, work or anywhere an Internet connection is accessible. Biomedical Equipment Technology- Application, Support and Management course modules provide a solid background for those applying, supporting/servicing or managing healthcare technology. Medical device problem oriented simulations, videos, interactive online discussions, and networking will make this course unique.
These courses are designed for
● clinical and technical staff working in healthcare who need to utilize or support medical devices in acute patient care,
● have responsibility for medical equipment planning or life cycle management or
● students or adult learners who want to know more about the exciting area of medical equipment and ongoing management and support to enhance patient care and improve patient safety.
● career changers moving from a technical, medical or other field into the rapidly growing area of biomedical technology - application, support, and management
There are four courses offered at the University of Vermont
ONLINE! Patient Care Equipment Tech - 91838 - HLTH 025 - OL1: August 28 - December 15, 2017
● Introduction to healthcare technology management, anatomy/physiology and technical principles, safety, and troubleshooting techniques
● Electrocardiographs, physiological monitors, infusion devices, ventilators, pacemakers and defibrillators
ONLINE! HLTH 135 Advanced Medical Equipment Systems: January 17 - May 12, 2017
● Imaging systems- x-ray, fluoroscopy, CT scanners, MRI, nuclear medicine, and ultrasound
● Clinical laboratory equipment, surgery devices, healthcare networks/IT, and physical therapy equipment
For each medical device discussed, sections will include:
● Principles of operation
● Proper clinical application
● Device safety
● Common problems and solutions
● Inspection, testing and preventative maintenance
● Technology management
HLTH 026 Z1 Medical Equipment Applications, Quality Assurance and Troubleshooting Prerequisite: HLTH 25
● Hands-on laboratory course in the classroom
● Bedside medical equipment demonstrations, exercises and problem resolution
● Device simulators, safety and performance testing
● One week – 8:00am-5:30pm, Monday - Friday
This course requirement can be satisfied via an independent study option - contact the instructor for further details.
ONLINE! Health Technology Management - 91293 - HLTH 225 - OL1: August 28 - December 15, 2017
●Medical devices/systems, information technology and telecommunications
● Convergence of technologies
● Technical services & clinical engineering
It is suggested that the courses be taken sequentially, but this is not required.
Contact the instructor at email@example.com if you have any questions.
The course has been translated into Spanish and is being offered at: